Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crashing


Flipping through channels, I happened on Dave Matthews Band video for "Crash Into Me". The song has been a favorite since the first time I heard it. An alluring siren call. There are songs you hear that make you feel happy, make you feel sorrowful, fill you with joy. This song elicits nothing but a burning need to shag.

The video is perhaps a little too surreal. It is beautiful, a visual masterpiece, but the meaning of some of the imagery goes right over my head.

That hardly matters though. Everything about the song, the arrangement, the lyrics, the mix, everything appeals to me. Every aspect of the song begs you to sink, to join, to crash. I love it.

2 comments:

Nancy J. Parra said...

I agree- LOL- thanks for this post and filling my head with music. Cheers!

Lulu said...

Thanks Nancy. It's nice to know I am not the only one. It is a piece of perfection to me.